Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Jing Screencast

Today I used the Jing Program to create a screencast video.  Here is the link we were given so we could view a Jing Screencast video before creating our own. 

My Screencast teaches the users how to use the Wordle program to create a Word Cloud.  I first typed a document containing the required steps to complete the task because the video does not contain sound.  I placed this document on one side of the screen so the reader could follow the steps as they watch the video.  I used the Jing “capture” tool to select the screen area that I wanted to share on the video.  I then followed the steps in the document and demonstrated in the program. 

This program will be very useful technology in a classroom.  It will allow the students the ability to perform tasks on their own or in groups while reviewing the directions as much as needed.  This can work for in-class or homework assignments.  This assessment follows NETS T standard #2 because it incorporates technology into the classroom while keeping in mind the individual learning of each student. 

2 comments: