Thursday, September 29, 2011

Voice Thread

Today’s assignment was to learn about Voice Thread a tool that can be used for online meetings.  This tool has a lot of options from sharing imagines or videos to embedding links or exporting to a flash drive.   An online class such as this would greatly benefit from this program because the interaction is saved online.  There is no required software and the account is free.
Here is a video about Voice Threads.
Here are some ideas to display the usefulness of Voice Threads.

The second part of the assignment was to watch two videos.
1. Ken Robinson says schools kill creativity
2. Ken Robinson: Changing education paradigms

This Voice Thread was created for class collaboration about the videos.  I really enjoy the videos and was inspired by them.  I put links to both videos on My Diigo Library so I can share them with my friends and watch them if I find myself needing inspiration. 



This assignment follows NETS T standard 2 because it utilizes new technology and would allow the students to respond in their own ways.  The lesson could be customized to fit any subject and is a different way of interacting with the students making learning fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment