Monday, October 31, 2011

Hypothesis Testing

Today’s assignment was to test our hypothesis and provide the data in excel.  We were given a link so we could learn about bivariate analysis.  In order to test my hypothesis I used t-tests assuming equal variance which is an option in Microsoft Excel.  The reason I used t-tests is because they are an easy way to compare education groups which is something I should do in my teaching to insure I am progressing.  The results of a t-test are interpreted by looking at the p-value at the given confidence level. 

The data I tested including the t-test can be viewed here.  The tables created for class can be viewed in the same document. 
Hypothesis 1: Does gender affect the use of technology such as discussion postings?
Null Hypothesis 1: Gender does not affect discussion postings.
Results 1: With 95% confidence gender does not affect discussion postings. 
Hypothesis 2: Does gender affect the use of technology such as millennium scores?
Null Hypothesis 2: Gender does not affect millennium scores.
Results 2: With 95% confidence gender does not affect millennium scores. 

 This assignment follows NETS T standard #5 because by collecting data and testing hypotheses is engaging in professional growth. 

1 comment: