Thursday, October 13, 2011

Personality Profile Part 1

Today’s assignment was to read the basics about the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality inventory and an Overview of the Four Temperaments.   The MBTI contains the following four categories that the participant must determine their four letter code.  The MBTI assures all personality types and there is no best type.  Answering the four questions is difficult and requires self-assessment.  I find I worry about others and what I see.  I tend to focus on the information that is presented to me rather than interpreting on my own.  When making decision I think about the situation logically.  When dealing with others I find myself staying open to new options and information.  My four letter code for the MBTI is ESTP.


The following is the description of my temperament ESTP according to the Overview of the Four Temperaments.


I completely agree with the temperament overview.  I feel I am all of these things and have also been told I have many of these traits.  I was reluctant about this but it really hit the nail on the head for me. 

This assignments fuflills NETS T standard #1.  Determining a students temperment is a creative way for the student to think about what they do and how it affects them and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment