Sunday, April 7, 2013

Week 11


I feel this is very close to my final project.  I am not sure what else to do unless some bugs are found.  I went through the rubric and feel I have the qualifications.  If anyone finds any bugs or has any final recommendations please tell me!  A specific place the bug occurs is very helpful!  Thanks, all comments are welcome and helpful!

The most noticeable revision I made to my project was completing level 2.  I also added a few more backgrounds/questions.  I fixed the spelling error and the bug that wouldn’t let the game progress.  I added some more detailed instructions about balancing equations but I feel the students/people that would search/play this game would know about balancing equations. 

Once I finally got the project finished my biggest struggle has been making the file small enough to upload on the Scratch site.  After a lot of searching and try this and that, I have made the project small enough to upload.  The images have suffered but still get the point of the project across. 

Here is my project… Draft 2 – Balanced Equation Hero

4 comments:

  1. Your colors are wonderful! I don't like the Loud background music. I've commented the same on others and this is my personal preference, but just as we have all levels of players there are students who don't like the loud music either. I would find it distracting if I was have to study and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your graphics and characters! They make the story line seem well developed! One thing you could add is a hint about how to solve the equations if a player gets it wrong. This will helps students develop content knowledge as they play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that your graphics are great. I agree with Jane that the music seems loud; I don't know a good fix for it though. I found out in an earlier project that sound clips are pretty easy to add into Scratch. You may want to consider live voice from the script rather than typing it to be read or maybe doing both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parts of the project I really liked are the scientist at the beginning & the colors.

    Parts of the project that I would fix, change or add are...It has been a long time since I've done this and I just ended up guessing the answer each time. Maybe some explanation to teach the concept?

    ReplyDelete