Monday, February 4, 2013

Week 3 Post 4


How week 3 altered my opinions

After week 3 my opinions have been slightly altered yet again.  My opinions have slowly changed since the start of this class.  The more I learn in this class the more I feel video games are important in moderation.

Video first, Your Brain on Video Games, helped me realize things I had never thought of.  For example action video games help improve the player’s eyesight.  This makes sense because they are spending so much time looking at the screen watching for small changes or shadows.  The fact that action game players have better attention also surprised me at first but after thinking about it I guess it makes sense. 

The second video, Are Video Games Making Kids Smarter, did have as many shocking facts.  But again it has shown me how video games sometimes increase teen’s social activities.  I guess playing online and chatting while you do it is helping social skills.  Actually seeing the numbers of children that play video games were a little shocking.    

The presentation did not hold my attention as well as the videos of the actual speakers.  I think that shows interaction is better.  The presentation did not impact me as much as the videos.  I had not really considered civics when I was thinking about video games.  I am not sure about this one so I will have to do some more research. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to know you are beginning to think about gaming (in moderation) differently!

    ReplyDelete